Order: a bullet, please, and make it snappy

Sorry about the title, but I’ve just taken some pills for a headache. Ouch. Damelza came and visited this weekend and it was great. She helped me out in the classroom SO much, and even sat with me in the bedroom while I cleaned it. It’s so nice just to have company when you’re doing those sorts of things.

I just turned my head to think about what to write next and my gaze rested on my skis. I’m going skiing again in two weeks, weather permitting. I’m so excited. I love skiing. And I get to see Damelza again. Double woot.

Right, so what else have I been up to lately? Hmmm. I was pretty ill last week, some sort of tummy bug which had me feeling nauseated from Tuesday onwards. I never actually threw up, for which I am very grateful to my body, but I certainly didn’t eat much during that time and I’ve lost weight. I’m eating a bit better again now, but Duncan commented that I hadn’t eaten much last night and tonight, even though I’m feeling better. Meh.

I’ve been enjoying watching the Olympics so much. Yay for New Zealand – three golds, a silver and five bronzes. Not bad for a little country! Too bad Beatrice threw a hissy fit just because she couldn’t perform very well. Pah, grow up. Yay for Mahe Drysdale, who deserves much kudos for his performance to get a bronze medal when he was still ill. That was a grammatically dodgy sentence, but hey. And the rest of the NZ team, those who won medals and those who went and just did their best – hoorah to you! I even got to cheer a few times for the German team, when there was a lack of NZers to cheer for, but being NZ television, we didn’t always get to see the other countries winning, especially if there was a Kiwi competing in a different sport at the same time. Oooh, I quite enjoyed watching the table tennis and was happy that Ma Lin (or Lin Ma? Do they put their last names first?) won, as he just seemed like a much nicer player than Wang Hao who seemed very aggressive and angry. I was also very impressed with China’s performance in the rhythmic gymnastics and glad they got a silver. I thought they were better than the Russian team, but that’s just my uneducated opinion. Not that China needed any more golds! J

I think I might go lie down until my head stops pounding. Gotta be awake for the closing ceremony tonight, which starts at midnight our time, I think.

0 comments:

 
Home | DeviantArt | Art Blog | Twitter | About Me | Contact Me

Copyright © 2009 Flying Free |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.