Warm fuzzies

I met with my team after school today at a café down the road from work. It was nice to sit and relax and chat with each other. Elizabeth gave us some gifts, which was awesome. I’m leaving at the end of the year so I got a card and a leaving gift. The card nearly made me cry, it was filled with well wishes from the teachers and teacher aides in our rooms. In the gift I got a book called The Photo Book and a necklace with a koru (because it means new beginnings). I’m wearing the necklace, it’s so beautiful, and the book is awesome. We also all got a large candle each, to help us sit back and relax. They’re very nicely patterned hand made candles from Nest. We had a really awesome conversation (for over two and a half hours!) and it was just a great way to unwind at the end of the day. I had intended going back to school afterwards and carrying on with the art bay (which is what I was doing after school, but before our trip to the café) but when I got back there and saw my car loaded full, I thought – no. That’s enough for today. Tomorrow is another day.

I’ve nearly made it to the end of the year! Hoorah! Trying desperately to think of something I can do next year that will keep me engaged and enthused. There are quite a few possibilities, but the trouble is getting my foot in there, or my hands on something, or whatever metaphor you wish to use.

I think I need chocolate, although I have started to wonder about cutting back on my chocolate intake. I do go on fruit binges, but I always find that I just crave chocolate in the end.

I digress. Have also resorted to one handed typing so must be time to go and lie down. The buzz of the café talk has left me and now I’m wilting. Have lots to say in some other entry about exciting camping plans… later.

0 comments:

 
Home | DeviantArt | Art Blog | Twitter | About Me | Contact Me

Copyright © 2009 Flying Free |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.