Visit to parents

I've been keeping my twitter and twitxr updated, but haven't actually done a blog update, I just realised. I arrived at mum and dad's place on Thursday and immediately went out to help mum moving some wood. On Friday we went into town in the morning and I got a T-shirt that says "Warning: I have an attitude and I know how to use it!" Hehe. Then in the afternoon mum and I chopped wood until Steph and Robert arrived. I don't recall what we did on Saturday, except that we were all here (including Nicola, my other sister). On Sunday afternoon I went and visited Janey, and saw Chloe again. Picture attached. She's just so damn cute! Today (Monday), dad took a turn for the worse and mum and I couldn't go out and continue with the wood chopping as someone had to stay with him. But mum went into town and got some more stuff to help dad deal with the side-effects of his medication, and he was much perkier this afternoon. I also caught up with an old school friend who lives just down the road. It's the first time I've seen her in years, it was so cool to catch up. Her name is Tania and I used to go to primary school with her, but she moved away and I think I only saw her once or twice since. I got to meet her husband and her lovely, energetic little boy (who is oh-so-welcoming, such a sweetie!). You know how some kids are shy around strangers - not him! He started chatting away to me immediately and climbed on my lap the moment I sat down, hahaha.
 
Hmmmm time for a new paragraph. Past time, but I'm not going back to figure out where one was meant to start. There have also been a change of plans for our ski trip. Because the weather is meant to be good on Wednesday but pack in on Thursday, we decided to drive down on Tuesday (tomorrow!) evening so we can get a full day of skiing in on Wednesday. That way, if the weather does pack in on Thursday and we can't go skiing, at least we'll have had a day, and we can make snow men and snow angels instead. Hehehe... I wouldn't mind a snow fight! SQUEE! SNOW!
 
Oh, and mum and I went shopping online using FlyBuys, and we purchased an external harddrive and some iPod / computer speakers for me. I can finally back up my laptop! I've been busy transferring data 8GB at a time (because that's the largest memory stick I have - thanks Steph for lending it to me!), and it's such a painfully slow process. With that and bluetooth going full blast, I still haven't backed up half of what I need to the entire time I've been here. And it's not really backing up, just moving it from my personal laptop to my work one until I can sort it all out. But I can stop that now and just wait for my voucher to arrive, so I can get my harddrive from Noel Leeming. W00t!
 
How's that for an update?

0 comments:

 
Home | DeviantArt | Art Blog | Twitter | About Me | Contact Me

Copyright © 2009 Flying Free |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.